ウティカ

ウティカ

チュニスの北33kmにあるウティカ(またウティック)は、北アフリカの海岸で最初のフェニキアの植民地でした。戦略的に重要な港は、第一次ポエニ戦争ではカルタゴの同盟国でしたが、第二次ポエニ戦争と第三次ポエニ戦争で都市が交代し、後にアフリカのローマ州の首都として繁栄しました。

早期決済

古代の作家は伝統的にウティカの創設を紀元前1101年と設定していましたが、考古学的な証拠ははるかに最近の日付を示しています。最も初期の埋葬は西暦前8世紀にさかのぼり、カルタゴの埋葬よりも前のものです。古代の作家たちは、この都市がタイヤによって設立されたのか、シドンによって設立されたのかについて意見が分かれています。ウティカは、地中海を横断して取引されるフェニキアの船に有用な停留所を提供するために、定住地として選ばれました。典型的なフェニキアの慣習では、ウティカは最初に小さな小川によって本土半島から隔てられた小さな島に定住し、次に本土に広がりました。バグラダス川(メジェルダ)の河口とその肥沃な沖積平野を支配する、繁栄する沿岸都市と港になりました。古代から始まった沈泥のため、現在、この場所は12km内陸にあります。

カルタゴ:味方と敵

ウティカはおそらくカルタゴ(南東40 km)の支配下にあり、その初期の歴史の多くは地方自治体の自治権を持っていました。これはおそらく紀元前6世紀半ば以前の歴史的記録から完全に欠如していることを説明しています。歴史家のサバティーノ・モスカティは、カルタゴとの政治的関係を次のように説明しています。

植民地の間にはおそらく特定の階層がありました。ウティカ、そしておそらくカディスは公式の同盟国のままでしたが、すべての植民地に同じ称号が与えられたわけではありません。一方で、カルタゴが自治に制限を課したことは確かなようです。彼女は植民地間の連合を承認することはできません。彼女は、緊急の要件を除いて、すべての外交政策と禁止された地元の軍隊に対処したに違いありません。さもなければ、駐屯地を供給し、植民地の防衛を自分で組織しました。彼女は、これは確かではありませんが、さまざまな都市で収入の検査官を持っていた可能性があり、彼女はすべての貿易を管理していました。 (134)

しかし、その期間の後、ウティカはしばしば独立して行動し、カーセージの敵の側に数回参加しました。港がより要塞化されたカルタゴを攻撃するためのプラットフォームを探している多くの司令官にとって北アフリカへの魅力的な入り口であることが証明されたため、カルタゴに忠実であり続けたときも、この都市は苦しみました。シラキュースのアガトクレスがカルタゴと戦争をしたとき、彼は14,000人の軍隊で北アフリカに侵入し、紀元前308年にウティカを占領しました。

第一(紀元前264-241年)と第二(紀元前218-201年)の間、ポエニ戦争カルタゴは、ウティカと他の都市、無給の傭兵、そして不満を抱いたリビア人による混合反乱に対処しなければなりませんでした。紀元前241年から237年にかけてのこのいわゆる傭兵戦争(傭兵戦争)は、最終的にはハミルカルバルカとハンノ大王によって鎮圧され、カルタゴの権威を再び主張し、ウティカを元に戻しました。

歴史が好きですか?

無料の週刊メールマガジンにサインアップしてください!

カルタゴとローマの間の第二次ポエニ戦争の後期にスキピオアフリカヌスが紀元前204年から203年にかけてこの都市を包囲したとき、この都市は再び地域政治の戦略的なポーンになりました。第三次ポエニ戦争(紀元前149-146年)では、ウティカはカルタゴの敵であるヌミディアのマシニッサを支持し、スキピオ・アフリカヌス・ザ・ヤンガーの基地を提供しました。戦争の終わりにローマがカルタゴを破壊したとき、ウティカは敗北した都市の領土の一部を与えられ、アフリカの新しいローマの州の首都になり、自由都市の地位を与えられました(civitas libera)それはそれを免税にしました。

紀元前146年、ウティカは新しいローマのアフリカ州の州都になり、自由都市の地位を与えられました。

ローマのウティカ

ウティカはローマの支配下で繁栄し、ポンペイがマリアンに対するキャンペーンを成功させるための拠点を設立した紀元前1世紀には、再び重要な軍事集会の場となりました。ポンペイが共和政ローマの支配権をめぐってジュリアスシーザーと戦ったとき、ウティカは前者に忠実であり続けました。しかし今回、市は反対側を支持し、戦争中にポンペイの支持者の同盟国としてウティカを統治していたマーカス・ポルシウス・カト(カト・ザ・ヤンガー)は、シーザーの恩赦を受け入れるのではなく、紀元前46年にそこで自殺した。勝利したシーザーは戦争の一部としてウティカに罰金を科し、カルタゴは再開発のために支持されました。それにもかかわらず、街は繁栄し続け、 ムニキピウム アウグストゥス、そして コロニア ハドリアヌスによる。

セプティミウスセウェルス(北アフリカ出身)の下で、ローマはウティカに ius Italicum つまり、この都市の土地には、イタリア自体の土地と同等の法的地位が与えられました。これは外国の領土に与えられた最高の特権であり、土地は免税された個人によって完全に所有される可能性があることを意味しました。ウティカは初期キリスト教の重要な中心地となり、カルタゴの3世紀のCE評議会に司教を派遣し、ビザンチン時代までそのように続けました。

遺跡

紀元前7世紀から5世紀にかけての2つのポエニ人墓地が、イルとラベルジュとして知られるウティカで発掘されました。それらは両方とも、祖国のフェニキア建築に典型的な記念碑的な墓を含んでいます。この事実との欠如 トフェット (神聖な境内と埋葬地)は、カルタゴに地理的に近いにもかかわらず、ウティカはスペイン南部のフェニキアの植民地に文化的に近いことを示しています。ウティカでの陶器の発見は、この都市がフェニキア、エジプト、ギリシャを含む貿易ネットワークの活発なメンバーであったことを確認しています。

ローマのウティカの遺跡には、非常に大きなフォーラム、劇場、円形劇場、広大なローマ浴場、サーカスだったかもしれないもの、20の私有の建物があり、その多くは細かいモザイクや オプス・セクティレ 床。西暦1世紀から、町は広い通りのある格子状に計画されました。


Utica Shaleは、オハイオ州、ウェストバージニア州、ペンシルベニア州、ケンタッキー州、メリーランド州、ニューヨーク州、テネシー州、バージニア州、およびカナダの一部の下にある巨大な層です。 2012年9月のレポートで、米国地質調査所(USGS)は、ウティカには9億4000万バレルの石油と、約38兆立方フィートの天然ガスの回収可能性があると推定しました。しかし、その見積もりはせいぜい保守的であることが証明されています。オハイオ州でのプレーを証明したドリルビットがはるかに多いため、2015年半ばに発表されたウェストバージニア大学主導の研究では、USGSがレポート(を参照) シェールデイリー、2015年7月14日)。

WVUのアパラチア石油天然ガス研究コンソーシアムは、Uticaには驚異的な782Tcfの天然ガスと約20億バレルの石油の技術的に回収可能な資源が含まれていると述べました。アパラチア盆地。コンソーシアムはこの地域で長い間信頼されているリソースであり、少なくともその作業は、ウティカがマーセラス頁岩で国内最大のガス田に匹敵することを示しています。 2011年8月、USGSが最後にマーセラスの資源推定値を発表したとき、その地層には84Tcfの天然ガスと34億バレルの石油が含まれていると述べました。しかし、その数はおそらく時代遅れであり、ペンシルベニア州の生産者は2014年だけで4Tcf以上の天然ガスを大量生産しています。

&#8220改訂されたリソース数は印象的で、より確立されたMarcellus Shaleプレイの数に匹敵し、わずか1年前のUticaの見積もりに基づくと、少し驚くべきものでした。&#8221コンソーシアムのディレクターであるDougPatchenは語りました。 NGI WVUのレポートがリリースされたとき。 &#8220しかし、これが、プロジェクトが1年前に正式に終了した後も、リソースの見積もりに取り組み続けた理由です。掘削される井戸が多ければ多いほど、遊び場が拡大する可能性があり、井戸からのもう1年間の生産により、研究者はより適切な見積もりを行うことができます。&#8221

その地質学的範囲にもかかわらず、ウティカでの石油とガスの探査と開発活動のほとんどは、これまでオハイオ州東部に集中してきました。しかし、境界線は2014年の初めからゆっくりと変化しており、オペレーターはウェストバージニア州北部と最近ではペンシルベニア州南西部の地層を描写しようとしています(を参照)。 シェールデイリー、2014年3月26日)。埋蔵量を埋め、生産量を増やし、最近では液体価格の下落からのシフトの必要性に駆り立てられて、アパラチア盆地の主要な生産者のいくつかは、オハイオ州南東部からペンシルベニア州南西部、そしてウェストバージニア州北部まで続く一種の地理的円。

これまでのオハイオ州の堅調な発展は、そのウェットおよびドライガスウィンドウと、さらに北にあるオイルウィンドウの可能性に起因しています。州内の生産は、ウティカのすぐ下にあるポイントプレザント炭酸塩層によっても後押しされており、実際には劇の主要なターゲットとして機能しています。オハイオ州のウティカは浅いため、掘削にかかる費用は比較的安価です。 Uticaは、オハイオ州の深さ2000&#8242-8000&#8242フィートの範囲ですが、港の深さ14000&#8242まで増加します。ペンシルベニア州。

キーストーン州はますますウティカの地平線の一部になっています。ペンシルベニア州中北部では、オハイオ州南東部のウティカのスイートスポットと以前考えられていた場所から100マイル以上離れた場所にあり、かつては州のその部分。

Royal Dutch Shell plcの関連会社は、Tioga郡で2つ以上の井戸をテストしました。 2014年後半、同社は、ニールとジーの井戸がそれぞれ合計14,500フィートと15,500フィートの深さまで掘削されたと発表しました。ジーウェルの初期フローバック速度は11.2MMcf / dでしたが、ニールウェルのピークフローレートは26.5 MMcf / dでした。数か月後、Seneca Resources Corp.は、ペンシルバニア州タイオガ郡の国有地でよく掘削されたUticaの24時間のピーク生産率は22.7 MMcf / dであると述べました。はるか東にあるウティカの力学については、一般的にほとんど知られていません。

2015年10月の時点で、ペンシルバニア州環境保護局は、43のウティカ許可がティオガ郡で発行され、5つのウティカ許可が近くのペンシルバニア州ポッター郡で発行されたことを示しました。今日、少数の小規模事業者がこの地域のウティカを探索し続けていますが、天然ガス価格の下落の中で持ち帰りの不足とリスクへの欲求の低下の両方に悩まされ続けています(を参照) シェールデイリー、2015年10月13日)。

プレイの膨らんだリソースの見積もりに加えて、ウェストバージニア州北部、オハイオ州南東部、ペンシルベニア州南西部を取り囲むタイトな7郡のスワスは、結果が互いに補強し合っているように見え、ウティカの推進におけるウティカの役割について新たな興奮を引き起こしました。アパラチア盆地の多産ガス生産量が多い(参照 シェールデイリー、2015年8月25日)。オハイオ州南東部とウェストバージニア州北部では、オペレーターは25 MMcf / dから47MMcf / d近くのUtica井戸をテストしました。

ウティカシェール

ペンシルベニア州南西部では、賭け金が高くなっています。RangeResourcesCorp. EQTCorp。とConsolEnergy Inc.はすべて、59〜72.9 MMcf / dの深く乾燥したUtica井戸をテストしました。これらの井戸には天文学的な値札が付いていますが、&#8212はそれぞれ約3000万ドルの費用がかかります&#8212管理チームは、井戸あたり1200〜1500万ドルのコストを下げることを目指していると述べています。 EQTは、2016年に上部デボン紀の掘削プログラムを一時停止し、ペンシルベニア州で10ウェルのUticaプログラムを構築するためにMarcellusの掘削を延期すると発表しました。この記事の執筆時点で、レンジにはペンシルベニア州に2つの他のウティカ井戸が計画されていましたが、コンソルは2つ目の水圧破砕を準備しており、EQTと同じ方針で考えていることを示しました。

&#8220今後2〜3年間で、乾燥したUticaが開発計画の主な焦点となり、生産量の増加にますます貢献することを期待しています。オハイオ州とペンシルベニア州。それでも、これまでにテストされた井戸からの目を見張るような初期生産率には、金融アナリスト、会社の役人、業界の見物人が減少率を懸念しています。昨年12月、ペンシルバニア州ワシントン郡にあるRange&#8217s Claysville Sportsman&#8217s Club Unit 11H Uticaは、59 MMcf / dでテストされました。これは、ペンシルベニア州南西部で最初に掘削された井戸でした。しかし、同社の貯留層のモデリングと生産の歴史により、2015年10月に、15 Bcf、つまり横方向1,000フィートあたり2.8 Bcfの坑井の推定最終回収率(EUR)が発表されました。今のところ、これは、17〜18 Bcf、つまり横方向1,000フィートあたり2.5〜3Bcfの範囲のMarcellusEUR&#8217をリードする同社に勝るものはないようです。 RangeCEOのJeffreyVenturaは当時、現在の商品価格環境では、Uticaの井戸はMarcellusと競争できないと述べました。同社は3番目のペンシルバニアウティカ坑井を掘削して完成させた後、2016年にはこれ以上掘削しない予定です。

&#8220来年の計画を見ると、私たちの焦点は本当にマルセルスにあります。これらの3つの[Utica]井戸と、私たちの周りの活動を組み合わせることで、Uticaが最終的に何であるかを非常にうまく把握できると思います。 EUR、これはEQTによって発行されたものと同様でした。 &#8220しかし、私たちが知っているのは、10年分の生産履歴と、[Marcellus]の立場を明確に示す何千もの井戸があるため、リスクの低い製品です。&#8221

今のところ、オハイオ州の井戸の費用は、近くのペンシルベニア州の半分以下であり、ウェストバージニア州よりもまだ安いです。 2015年10月の時点で、オハイオ州自然資源局は2,065の水平ユティカ許可を発行し、1,629の水平ユティカ井戸が掘削されました。 2009年頃に本格的に投機が始まって以来、州内では許可と生産が急速に伸びています。

ウティカの石油とガスの生産量は急増しています。 EIAによると、オペレーターは2015年10月に3 Bcf / d以上を生産していました。州の頁岩生産は、州が5つの商業用Utica井戸から最初の数値を発表した2011年の2.5 Bcfから、3年後に約452Bcfになりました。 2014年、通年のデータが利用できる最新の期間。実際、全国のほぼすべての頁岩盆地で生産量が減少すると予想されていましたが、Jefferies LLCは、2015年9月の調査で、北東部の供給量が2016年に前年比で1.4 Bcf / d増加することを発見し、両者の間でほぼ均等に分割されました。マルセルスとウティカ。

ウティカでのドライガス生産の急成長の可能性を取り巻く重要な問題の1つは、北米の他の地域の高コストの生産地域を単に置き換えるのか、それとも米国の総生産量に追加されるのかということです。それはまだ分からないが、アパラチアから十分な天然ガスパイプラインの持ち帰り能力が構築されているため、マルセルスとウティカの両方からのガスは、少なくとも今後数年間でより高コストの生産に取って代わる機会があるだろう。しかし、米国の総生産量に追加的である限り、アパラチアの少なくとも1人の著名な幹部はそれを完全には理解していません。ライスエナジーのダニエル・ライス最高経営責任者(CEO)は、「中期的な供給に関しては、これらはマルセルスの開発から資本を転用するマルセルスのプレーヤーであるため、マルセルスの生産量の増加に取って代わるだけです」と述べています。同社の2015年第3四半期決算電話会議。 「したがって、これが流域への付加的な供給源であるとは考えていません。」

Marcellus天然ガス処理およびテイクアウトの対応物と同様に、Uticaでは何年にもわたってキャッチアップを行ってきました。ガス価格の変動性は、特に収益と成長を促進するために他のオペレーターよりもガス価格に依存しているオペレーターにとって、Uticaオペレーターの収益を脅かし続けています。しかし、注目を集める一連のパイプラインプロジェクトが流域で引き続き計画されています。ごく最近、ロッキーズエクスプレスパイプラインは東から西への拡張を開始し、オハイオ州クラリントンの最東端からイリノイ州モールトリーまで、1.2 Bcf / dの増分西行き容量を追加しました。 Sunoco Logistics Partners LP&#8217s Mariner Eastパイプラインは、オハイオ州、ウェストバージニア州、ペンシルベニア州からの天然ガス液の移動にも役立つと期待されており、Marathonが提案するCornerstone Pipelineは、コンデンセートをハリソン郡のオハイオ州カディスにある新興ハブからオハイオ州マラソンのカントンに移動します。製油所。もう1つの例は、アトランティックコーストパイプラインです。これは、ウティカの乾燥ガスを南東部の発電機に移動します。

歴史的に、Devon EnergyCorp。はUticaShaleへの早期参入者であり、2011年にオハイオ州アッシュランド郡とメディナ郡で最初の水平許可のいくつかを確保し、そこでドライホールを掘削して塞ぎました。翌年、ウティカの西端に沿って一帯の土地を横切ることを許可し続け、コショクトン郡とウェイン郡で黒油を求めて失敗した井戸を完成させました。オハイオ州ノックス郡まで西に掘削しました。オハイオ州は、州南東部の現在の中心部から100マイル以上西にあり、ウティカを放棄してその作付面積を売却しました。石油ウィンドウ内での活動はそれほど普及しておらず、ウティカのこの部分がどれだけ経済的であるかについて業界内で多くの議論があります。 EV Energy Partners LP(EVEP)によると、多数の黒い油井が掘削されており(主にオハイオ州北部)、ガーンジー郡とタスカラワス郡のさらに南にある20以上の揮発性油井が掘削されています。さらに、BPplcやHalconResources Corp.を含むいくつかの事業者は、近年、オハイオ州のUticaの北部層の開発を放棄する計画を発表しました。スターク郡とポーテージ郡、そして程度は少ないがタスカラワス郡。

オイルウィンドウでの課題は、破壊設計と完了時の貯留層の損傷を最小限に抑えることであるように思われます。 EVEPは、Uticaオイルウィンドウのパイオニアの1つでした。 2015年半ば、90日間の生産後、オハイオ州タスカラワス郡のNettles 3Hを注意深く監視しました。これは、水の代わりに液体ブタンと鉱油の混合物で刺激され、会社の期待に応えられませんでした。 。これは、Uticaの揮発性オイルウィンドウのコードを解読するための最新の取り組みでした。EVEPは、スターク、タスカラワス、ガーンジーの各郡の70,000エーカー以上に最大3,000万バレルの石油が存在すると推定しています。高価なイラクサの井戸は、他のオペレーターと協力して掘削され、窓の岩石力学について詳しく学びました。このテストは、EVEPの合弁パートナーであるチェサピークエナジー社が2014年にタスカラワス郡で独自の揮発性油井を掘削し、EVEPが有望な結果をもたらした後に行われました。しかし、チェサピークのパーカー井戸は、平均的な水平井戸よりも多くの水とプロパントを使用して水圧破砕されたとEVEPの経営陣は述べています。

&#8220イラクサの井戸の生産量はパーカーの井戸の約半分です&#8221EVEPのジョンウォーカー会長は2015年5月に同社が結果について話し合ったときに述べました。 &#8220イラクサの井戸で追加のテストを継続して実施しており、さらにチェサピークはこの地域でさらに約6つの井戸を掘削する予定です。&#8221

&#8220私たちは最終的に生のメカニックを征服して、この3,000万バレル以上の石油を適切な場所に配置できるようにします&#8221EVEPのCEO、マイク・マーサーは付け加えました。 &#8220しかし、それは時間とお金がかかるだけであり、私たちもそこをリードする主要な会社になるつもりはありません。&#8221

オハイオ州北東部の5つの郡地域と西部のより広い地域の下にある頁岩の小さな細孔を通して石油分子を移動させる方法をオペレーターが学ぶ前に、それは時間の問題だと情報筋は述べています。ペンシルベニア州北西部の一部の作付面積は、同じ可能性を秘めていると考えられています。 2015年後半、Rex EnergyCorp。とSenecaResources Corp.の両方が、ペンシルベニア州北西部でもさらに多くのUtica井戸をテストする意向を発表しました(を参照)。 シェールデイリー、2015年7月8日)。


ウティカの歴史的写真

上の写真は、シャムロック駐車場のすぐ東にある、現在はアーティキュレートサインになっている建物です。

上の写真は、現在「ホッグスホロウ」となっているキャスとオーバーンの北東の角です。

上の写真はオーバーンロードの北側で、東向きです。

上の写真は、ウティカロードにあるセントローレンスカトリックスクールです。

上の写真は、ヴァンダイクにあるトリニティルーテル教会です。

上の写真は、オーバーンロードのすぐ北にあるキャスアベニューの西側です。

上の写真は、Cass andSummersの南西の角にある古いMacombInnです。


中小企業向けのユニークで費用効果の高い商業保険商品。


5981 Airport Road、Oriskany、NY 13424

電話: 800-456-4556 直接: 315-736-8211
一般的なファックス: 315-768-4408
会計ファックス: 315-736-1836
クレームファックス: 315-736-2139

全著作権所有。 &copy 2021 Utica First InsuranceCompany。プライバシーポリシー|利用規約|サイトマップ
NS Quadsimia ニューヨーク州北部で誇らしげに作られたウェブサイト。


ウティカ-歴史

ニューヨーク州北部の暴徒は、以前はエンパイアステートのシンシティと呼ばれるオネイダ郡の悪名高いタフな地域であるウティカを拠点としていましたが、四半世紀以上にわたって消えていました。この地域の組織犯罪の左翼は、バッファローのマフィアとニューヨーク市のコロンボ家の両方を代表する乗組員によってさまざまな時期に実行されました。しかし、1970年代と1980年代の暴徒の活動の最後のあえぎは、この20年間を通じて、ほぼ12のギャングランド殺人事件が街の地下世界の風景に触れたという騒ぎでした。

ファルコーネ兄弟のサルヴァトーレとジョーは、禁酒法時代から1970年代にかけてウティカでラケットを走らせました。しかし、1972年の秋にサルヴァトーレが自然死し、ジョーが引退したとき、地元の暴徒帝国は手に入れようとしていました、そして最終的にコロンボ一家が支援するドミニク・ブレッティは、バーの後ろのスティントから新鮮で、彼の殺人未遂、殺人未遂、そしてゆすりは、1982年に彼を刑務所に戻しました。83歳のブレッティは、今年、ただ自由に歩きました。

最後のウティカ暴徒ヒットパレード(1970-1990)

1970年2月28日 –暴徒の仲間 ウィリアム・コンリー 南ウティカにあるジョー氏のレストランと居酒屋を出た後、車のドアに取り付けられた手榴弾に爆破された

1971年7月4日 –暴徒の仲間 デビッド・スグロイ 射殺され、彼の遺体はニューヨーク市の境界、ローマのすぐ外にある隠された湖の近くに投棄された

1976年10月3日 –不正な暴徒の姿 アルバート(クレイジーアル)マローネ アルフレドのリストランテで夕食をとった後、東ウティカの彼のアパートに向かって歩いている弾丸のあられで殺されました。刑務所滞在からの解放からわずか数週間で、マローネはこの地域のマフィア派を引き継ぐことを公然と自慢していました。マローネの殺人事件は、翌日の夜、アルパインレストラン内で開催された暴徒の集まりで乾杯されました。

1976年12月20日 –シラキュースの農産物ディーラーと暴徒の仲間 アルバート・シアーノ 殺され、射殺され、オノンダガ郡線近くの道路脇に残された

1979年12月3日 –暴徒の妻 ドーングリロ ブレッティマフィアの乗組員からお金をすくい取り、おそらく当局と協力したために首を絞め殺されて棍棒で殺された

1980年2月14日 –Utica居酒屋のオーナーと暴徒の仲間 リッチークレアの バーは彼の人生の試みで爆撃されました、しかし、保留中の殺人契約の言葉が通りを襲った後、クレアはすでに警察の拘留に急襲されました。クレアは最近、アルバート・シアーノの殺害に関する裁判で証言した。

1983年1月4日 –若い刑事弁護士 ジョー・ダッキノ 身元を間違えた場合、ダッキーノは有名なウティカの暴徒のマウスピース、ルイ・ブリンディジの弟子であり、彼のメンターへの不気味なメッセージとして働いていた。

1983年1月15日 –暴徒の仲間 ヘクター・アンブロシ ニューヨーク州ニューハートフォードのラマダインホテルの部屋で後頭部を撃たれる

1983年1月17日 –トップレスダンサー カーラ・フェリシアーノ ニューヨークのウッドサイドのアパートで刺殺された

1983年9月16日 –暴徒の兵士 アンジェログリロ ウティカのハードスクラブブルコーンヒル地区にあるリージェンシーラウンジのバーで飲酒中に銃撃されました

1983年10月23日 –ギャング トミー・ブレッティ &#8212投獄された乗組員のボスであるドミニク・ブレッティの兄弟&#8212は、旧ファルコーネ政権のメンバーと牛肉を食べた後、ウティカの自宅でポーチ爆弾の攻撃で重傷を負った

1989年2月11日 –長年の地元のブックメーカー ジョージ(ブッチ)サンドウク その地域で彼のスポーツギャンブル活動を実行するために暴徒の賛辞のお金を支払うことを拒否したために彼のアパートの中で殺されました


スタニスロース川からの水力発電の開発は、採掘事業に水を供給するために建設された大規模な水輸送および貯蔵施設によって可能になりました。金は1848年にマーフィーキャンプの町になった下の平地で発見されました。雨季と春を除いて、砂利から金を洗い流すのに利用できる水が少なすぎて、掘り出し物はしばしば乾燥していました。いくつかの泉は食事や入浴の目的に十分な水を提供し、堰き止められると、金をパンするための小さな池がありましたが(Wood 1952:15)、1850年までに、この地域に注いだ鉱山労働者の大群は、年間を通して水を供給します。もっともらしい源は、丘陵地帯のより高い小川と川、主にエンジェルスクリークとその支流、およびノー​​スフォークスタニスラウス川でした。マーフィーズフラットの豊かな砂利に水を運ぶ最も初期の会社の1つは、1852年1月にマーフィーズで組織されたユニオンウォーター会社でした。

ユニオンウォーターカンパニーは、1851年に鉱山労働者に水を運ぶために水システムの建設を開始した2つのライバル企業の共同の努力として設立されました。あるグループは、マーフィーズの約2マイル上にあるエンジェルスクリーク(マーフィーズクリーク)の水を汲み上げ、丘の中腹に沿ってフクロウズボローとマーフィーズフラットに水を運ぶことを計画しました。別のグループは、マーフィーの14マイル上にあるラブクリークから水を運び、水路と溝を介してエンジェルスクリークに運び、マーフィーフラットの掘り出し物に届けることを計画しました(Bishop1980:7)。

ユニオンウォーターカンパニーディッチの最初の噴水口は、小さなダムと貯水池が建設されたマーフィーズの約10マイル上にあるユニオン(後にラブと呼ばれる)とソーミル(後にモランクリークと呼ばれ、ミルクリークに給水する)クリークの交差点にありました(ビショップ1980:5)。製材所、鍛冶屋、建設キャンプ、および入札住宅が水路に隣接して建設され、溝、水路、および貯水池を建設および維持した労働者に宿泊施設を提供しました。

ソーミル(ミル)クリークの貯水池に加えて、マーフィーズの約7マイル上(おそらく現在のレッドアップル)とミル(モラン)クリークの約9マイル上に2つ建設されました。メインから水が放出されました。エンジェルスクリークの頭にあるダムへの貯水池、そしてマーフィーズへの自然の水路をたどってクリークのベッドへ。輸送システムは峡谷のふもと近くで分岐しました。1つの分岐がクリークを下ってマーフィーズフラットの掘り出し物まで続きました。その後、レッドヒルに向かい、もう一方はフクロウズボロー(マーフィーズの現在のフリーメーソンホールからオロイプラタ鉱山まで北に伸びる採掘エリア)を通り抜け、マーフィーズフラットに到着しました(Bishop1980:9)。

水力および財政の拡大と困難

多くのトラブルが会社と乗組員を悩ませましたが、その中でも特に嵐が多くの水路を破壊しました。しかし、主な問題は、水システムを完成させるのに十分な資金が不足していることでした。作業はしばらく停止しましたが、システムはようやく完成し、1853年にマーフィーに水を運びました(Noyes n.d.:82)。その同じ年、マーフィーズの南西にあるエンジェルスクリークのベッドを利用して、溝はワシントンフラットとエンジェルキャンプに拡張されました。支流の1つであるノースディッチは、古いウティカパワーハウス近くのエンジェルスクリークの噴水口からオロイプラタ鉱山まで西に進み、吊り水路を経由してセントラルヒル鉱山(現在のマーフィーズ下水道池)まで進みました。サスペンション水路は、サイフォンによって崩壊しました。

ユニオンディッチシステムの最初の噴水頭は、現在のラホンダ近くのエンジェルスクリークから丘の中腹に沿って掘られ、アルタビル(チェロキーフラット)とエンジェルキャンプに水を供給して、いくつかの石英工場を運営しました。元の溝は、ウースター/デマレスト/カリフォルニア電気鋼鋳造所(エンジェルスタウンショッピングセンター)の西にあるウースター貯水池に水を運びました。そこでは、分岐溝が尾根を下ってエンジェルキャンプに流れ、工場でオーバーショットホイールを供給しました。別の支部(CA-CAL-1374H)は、そのルートに沿ってゴールドクリフマインなどに向かって南下しました。

1870年代と1880年代:ユニオンウォーターカンパニーの拡大と売却

1859年、マーフィーズの住民であるジョンキンボールとエフライムカッティングは、現在のハンター貯水池に貯水池の権利と1855年に建設された蒸気製材所を購入しました。キンボールとカッティングは1870年代にユニオンウォーターカンパニーの主要株主となり、システムは彼らのリーダーシップの下で大幅に拡大されました。 1883年に、ユニオンまたは高貯水池が改良されました。この貯水池は、その年にコンクリートで裏打ちされた花崗岩の岩で、13,927.00ドルの費用で再建され(Cutting 1959:3-4)、現在活況を呈している水力採鉱産業のためにより多くの水を貯蔵しています。特にアルタビルの東にあるセントラルヒルチャンネル沿い。

1875年に25フィートから1マイルの勾配で建設された新しいユニオンカンパニーの水路は、2.5 x 4フィートの大きさで、2000インチの水を運ぶ1½インチの材木でできていました。溝は幅4〜5フィート、深さ2.5フィートでした(Cutting 1959:4,5)。ハンター貯水池からシステム水がコヨーテクリークの頭に運ばれ、次に溝とクリークによって3方向に運ばれ、マーフィーズ、エンジェルキャンプ、スミスズフラット、ドッグタウン、ホークアイランチ、および中間地点に供給されました。ダグラスフラット、バレチート、カーソンヒルも溝の枝から供給されました(Cutting1959:6)。溝は、ペパーミントクリーク(CCWC運河を元のユニオンシステムに接続するために新しい溝が建設された)の源流の分岐点から現在のマーフィーまで、ノースディッチと現在のUPAシステム(エンジェルス運河)のコースをたどりました。フォアベイエリア。

ウティカ金鉱会社

ウティカ鉱山は1850年代に最初に稼働しましたが、1880年代初頭に、ウォルターS.ホバート、アルヴィンザヘイワード、チャールズレーンによって他のエンジェルキャンプ鉱山と統合されました。 The Utica Company became by far the most powerful entity in Calaveras County, with its extensive holding of other mining operations (the Madison, Gold Cliff, Stickles, and others), its purchase of the Union Water Company, which supplied most of Calaveras County with water and early electricity, and with its ore reserves.

It was during Utica ownership that most of the major expansion of, and improvements to, the flumes, ditches, and reservoirs were made. Two major reservoirs still in the Utica system (FERC 2019), Silver Valley (Alpine) and Utica, were added during this time and early experimentation in hydroelectric power generation was begun.

The Utica Company, requiring ever more water, dammed the waters of Silver Creek to create Silver Valley Reservoir in 1889-1892 (Alpine Lake). The Utica Gold Mining Company, still capitalizing on the name Union Water Company at times, continued improving their investments by enlarging Union Reservoir in 1901-1902 and raising the Silver Valley (Alpine) Dam in 1903-1906 (Hobart Estate Company et al. 1933:1). They also constructed a new dam, the Utica, in 1905, enlarging it in 1908-1910. Cement used to build Utica Dam was shipped by railroad to Angels Camp, hauled by four- and six-horse teams to the Stone House at Silver Valley for storage. The old road (Slick Rock Road) that runs by the Stone House was used to haul supplies into the Utica work site (Bishop 1980, Joe Land, personal communication 1965), and continued to be PG&E’s maintenance access road until the North Fork Project (FERC 2409) improved as 7N01 a few years ago.

Angels Forebay, Pipe Reservoir Complex, Angels Diversion Dam (CA-CAL-1277H)

Earlier and closer to the mines, other dams were constructed at lower elevations to form new reservoirs: Ross Reservoir on the Ross Ranch (French Gulch Road ) in 1893-1896 Pipe Reservoir, Angels Forebay, and Angels Diversion Dam in 1894-1895 and Lane Reservoir above Altaville in 1894-1895 (Hobart Estate Company et al. 1933:4).

Hydroelectric Power Plants

Besides providing water to the Utica Gold Mining Company, the water of the Utica neẻ Union Canal powered a hydro plant to supply the mine with the first electricity produced in Calaveras County. By the mid-1890s the Utica Mine, under the ownership of Lane, Hayward, and Hobart, had become one of the most successful mines in the United States. In order to become fully industrialized, however, they needed electric power, and the promoters saw a way to obtain that with their vast ditch and flume system. Powerhouses were constructed at Murphys (1896, 1899) and on Angels Creek (1900) in Angels Camp, delivering the first electricity to the Utica Mine and Angels Camp. The Angels Powerhouse was upgraded again in 1903 by the Utica Company’s subsidiary, the Stanislaus Electric Power Company.

The Closing Days

The Union Water Company was dissolved May 3, 1904, 50 years from its date of incorporation. At this time the Hobart Estate Company owned one-third of the capital stock and the Utica Gold Mining Company owned two-thirds (Deed Book 47:264). The flumes, but not ditches, were enlarged to their present capacity of 88 cubic feet per second (cfs) in 1912-1913, after the Union Water Company was sold by its trustees to the Hobart Estate Company and the Utica Gold Mining Company for “$10 and valuable considerations” (Deed Book 59:426). Many of the mines in Angels Camp closed during World War I, and the Utica Mine was shut down forever in 1915 only the Gold Cliff ever reopened (Leonard 1968:2-4). The Utica Company, however, continued making improvements to their water system, and installed a hydroelectric power plant in Angels at the site of the old water compressor plant the plant then paralleled with the Murphys Plant and power was sold in the communities for domestic, industrial, and mining purposes, together with whole power sold to PG&E.

In 1923, the Utica Company also constructed a concrete dam at the Utica Intake Diversion (Angels Diversion) to replace the seasonal rock and cement bag dams (Jack Voitich, personal communication 1991), as well as building Spicer Meadow Reservoir on Highland Creek in 1927-1928, and a new Hunter Dam on Mill Creek in 1927. Spicer Meadow Reservoir, originally meant to contain 9000 acre-feet of water, had an option to build a 62,000 acre-foot reservoir. This latter option was completed in 1990 as part of the North Fork Project (FERC 2409).

By 1931 the North, South, and Gold Cliff ditches were no longer maintained by the company, and with few mine consumers for their water, the Utica Mining Company began negotiating agreements with various water users’ associations for delivery of water for agricultural and domestic purposes. During the 1930s they signed agreements with the Angels Ditch Water Users Association, the Calaveras Water Users Association, and the Bret Harte Sanitarium in Murphys, signaling a shift from the importance of mining to that of agricultural and residential use (Utica Mining Company 1929).

When the water rights from the Stanislaus River via Angels Creek were finally adjudicated in 1929, water from Angels Creek through the Eureka/Andrew Lee Ditch, Richards Ditch, Massoni Brothers Ditch, Gibson/Rolleri Ranch Ditch, and the Taylor/Bacigalupi Ditch was granted to the ranchers at their termination points (Miscellaneous Book F:491). At the height of the Depression in the 1930s, the Utica cut off the water supply to the North and South ditches. The domestic water users in Murphys and Angels Camp filed a lawsuit, which was won by the Utica Company. PG&E, however, honored the old claims, and several of the Union/Utica systems, including the Jupiter/Dogtown Ditch, McElroy/Union Ditch, Torrey/Utica Ditch, Gold Cliff Ditch, the South Ditch, and others continued in operation through the 1940s and 1950s (Jack Voitich, Bob Schmauder, Loren Whittle, Raulin Lagomarsino, personal communications var.), when segments were abandoned or washed out.

In 1940 the Utica Gold Mining Company’s power and water properties were segregated from its mining properties and operations of the former were continued under the name of the Utica Power Company, a joint venture of the Hobart Estate Company and Emma Rose. The Utica Company served the mines at Melones and Sheep Ranch and the communities of Murphys and Angels Camp, commissioning the new Angels Powerhouse in 1940 during the height of that era’s hard rock mining boom. At that time the four redwood penstocks from the Forebay were replaced by a steel pipe. When the last of the mines closed in 1942, the company lost their major customers and began negotiating with PG&E (Oliver Garcia, personal communication 1991). In 1946 the entire system was purchased by PG&E for $250,000, thus ending almost a century of use by, or expressly for, mining interests (PG&E 1947).

Study completed as part of Angels Hydroelectric Project, National Register of Historic Places Evaluations. Conducted by Judith Marvin, Foothill Resources, Ltd., for the Utica Power Authority, 2009.

Bishop, Frances, 1980. The Union Water Company. Unpublished manuscript on file, Foothill Resources, Ltd., Murphys, California.

Cutting, Ephraim, 1959 . The Union Water Company in 1884. Las Calaveras 8(1):2-4。 Calaveras County Historical Society, San Andreas.

Hobart Estate Company and Emma Rose Operating as Utica Mining Company, 1933. State of California Board of Equalization, Valuation Division, Return and Informal Statement. On file, Utica Power Authority Office, Angels Camp, California.

Noyes, Leonard W., n.d. Journal and Letters (1850s and 1880s). Manuscripts on file, Essex Institute, Salem, Massachusetts and Calaveras County Museum and Archives, San Andreas, California.

Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E), 1947 Utica Agreements. On file at PG&E Mother lode Hydro Generation Offices, Angels Camp, California.

Utica Mining Company, 1929. Map Showing Ditch System of Utica Mining Company Below Murphys Plant and Lands Irrigated, Calaveras County, California. Utica Mining Company.

1952 Murphys, Queen of the Sierra。 Oldtimer's Museum, Murphys.

1955 Calaveras, the Land of Skulls。 Mother Lode Press, Sonora.

1968 XXX (Silver Lake Valley)

McElroy Ditch

The McElroy Ditch was constructed by James McElroy prior to 1872 and took water from Angels Creek 1½ miles below Murphys, conveying it to the McElroy Mine on Bald Hill near Altaville. Depicted on…


Utica - History

Over the years, Utica Square has earned the reputation as the area's finest shopping center. A dynamic mixture of quality stores and restaurants in an elegant outdoor setting has made this unique destination a hometown treasure.

歴史

It's hard to believe Utica Square was once thought to be on the "outskirts" of town. In its conception, developers of Utica Square knew the village-like design needed to be inviting without alienating neighboring residents. Despite perceptions that this new concept was risky, Utica Square opened on May 22, 1952 as Tulsa's first suburban shopping center.

Helmerich & Payne, Inc. purchased Utica Square in 1964. Almost immediately, Mr. Walter H. Helmerich, III commissioned the planting of over 300 trees. The decision would literally shape the personality of this beloved destination.

歴史

It's hard to believe Utica Square was once thought to be on the "outskirts" of town. In its conception, developers of Utica Square knew the village-like design needed to be inviting, without alienating neighboring residents. Despite perceptions that this new concept was risky, Utica Square opened on May 22, 1952 as Tulsa's first suburban shopping center.

Helmerich & Payne, Inc. purchased Utica Square in 1964. Almost immediately, Mr. Walter H. Helmerich, III commissioned the planting of over 300 trees. It was a decision that would literally shape the personality of this beloved destination.

Store buildings were constructed in a variety of architecture styles Williamsburg, Georgian, Country French and contemporary. Over 5,000 individual craftsmen lent their talents to the completion of the Square.

Our unique bronze sculptures do their part to reveal treasured pieces of our history. For instance, "Newspaper Reader" by J. Seward Johnson Jr., was added in 1982 in memory of Walt Helmerich Sr. The statue is reading the Tulsa Tribune from the day of Mr. Helmerich's death in 1981.

We can get pretty sentimental thinking about how far Utica Square has come over the years, but we're equally excited looking forward to all our future holds.

Community

Tulsans have made Utica Square part of their family traditions, and we could not be more honored. It all comes back to our heart for connecting with the community. We've created annual events that generate excitement year round. Tulsans look forward with anticipation to free events that celebrate the seasons, local music, art and nature. More than just events, these traditions allow Utica Square to give something special back to our customers and community.

Tradition

Whether it's a frequent shopper or a visitor from out of town, each person connects to Utica Square in a unique way. For some, The Square's many clocks remind them of times past. For others, the chimes reflect songs of the season. Our fire-engine red telephone booths, gardens, fountains and statues are timeless favorites across all generations. Tulsans who've grown up with the charm and beauty of Utica Square take pride in sharing those experiences with their children and grandchildren. It truly is a timeless tradition for Tulsans of all ages.


Utica

私たちの編集者はあなたが提出したものをレビューし、記事を改訂するかどうかを決定します。

Utica, modern Utique, traditionally the oldest Phoenician settlement on the coast of North Africa. It is located near the mouth of the Majardah (French Medjerda, ancient Bagradas) River 20 miles (32 km) northeast of Tunis in modern Tunisia. After its founding in the 8th or 7th century bc , Utica grew rapidly and was second only to Carthage among Phoenician settlements in Africa. In the Third Punic War (149–146 bc ), Utica sided with Rome against Carthage after the destruction of Carthage it was made a free city and the administrative centre of the Roman province of Africa. Utica supported Pompey against Julius Caesar in the Civil Wars and was the city where Marcius Porcius Cato the Younger committed suicide rather than surrender to Caesar. After Caesar’s victory Utica was heavily fined, and Carthage (refounded by Caesar in 44 bc ) became the new capital of Roman Africa. Utica became a municipium (a community that exercised partial rights of Roman citizenship) under Octavian (later the emperor Augustus) in 36 bc and a colonia (a Roman settlement with full rights) under the emperor Hadrian (ruled ad 117–138). Little is known of its later history. Excavations have uncovered a number of Phoenician graves dating from the 8th century bc onward and a substantial residential section of the Roman city.


Omerta in Utica

Nothing could tear apart these early Mafia families in Utica, New York. Not even murder.

Pietro Lima and his brother-in-law, Dominick Aiello, were in a hurry the night they were killed, summoned by a late night phone call. It was November, and the men left home in such a rush that neither was fully dressed they’d thrown coats over slippers and pajamas. The men were found dead in their car in the morning, evidently shot at close range by someone sitting in the back seat. In other words, they were executed by someone they trusted. Though never charged, it’s widely believed that the powerful Falcone brothers were behind their deaths.

Pietro Lima

The Falcones were long time associates of Pietro Lima and his extended family, who had been running and distilling illicit alcohol in Utica since the start of Prohibition. Even after its repeal in 1933, the families continued to dodge taxes with their unlicensed stills. They were also part of a network of criminals that spanned the United States. Despite indictments for conspiracy in the early 1940s, the Falcones were not identified by federal investigators as Mafia bosses until their arrest at the famous 1957 gathering in Apalachin, New York.

The elder of the two murder victims, Pietro Lima, was born in 1869 or 1870 in Bagheria, a few miles from the city of Palermo. He immigrated around the turn of the century with his wife, Providenza Aiello, and their oldest child, Grace. They settled first in Brooklyn, where the rest of Pietro and Providenza’s children were born. By 1920, the family had moved, with several of their extended relations, to Utica, in Oneida County, New York, about 75 miles east of Lake Ontario. Across the water was Prince Edward Island, in Canada. It was a good location for transporting alcohol into the US during Prohibition, an activity Pietro was involved in with the husband of his niece, Rosario Gambino. The two were stopped together in 1924 in a car full of Canadian ale, but they were able to overturn their conviction the following year on the grounds the police did not have a search warrant.

Joseph Lima

In 1928, Pietro and Rosario were both prosperous business owners in Utica, and the fathers of large families. Rosario, formerly a longshoreman, owned a gas station. Pietro, a grocer, owned his home next door to his eldest daughter, Grace, and her husband. His son, Joseph, was most likely being groomed to take over the family business. He had been married for four years to Nellie Caputo, whom he’d vigorously courted in her family’s Brooklyn bake shop, and they had one child, a son.

Based on interviews the police conducted with family members, Nellie sparked the fateful argument that November by remarking on how Joseph had let “some Italian girl” wreck his car. The fight escalated and Nellie left the house with their son, going to the home of Rosario Gambino, a couple blocks away.

The Lima, Aiello, Gambino, and Falcone families, all of whom moved to Utica in the years leading up to Prohibition, were related by marriage, as well as through their criminal activities. All recent immigrants from Palermo and Bagheria, they also shared a connection in Brooklyn, having spent time there, upon their arrivals in the US, living in the same Cobble Hill neighborhood. A Falcone stood as godfather to Joseph Lima, in 1901 in Brooklyn, and the Caputo family bakery where Joseph wooed Nellie is still operated by the original owner’s descendants.

It’s not clear why Nellie went to the Gambino home after her argument with her husband. Perhaps she spent a lot of time with Angelina Gambino, making it a natural choice. She may have come to know the Gambinos well in Brooklyn and sought them out as old friends after her marriage brought her to Utica. But she could not have been ignorant of the power play she was about to make.

At around ten o’clock that night, Joseph Lima and his father, who’d both been drinking, decided it was time to bring Nellie back home. They got one of Joseph’s brothers, Charlie, and Grace’s husband, Lawrence, to go with them to the Gambino home to retrieve her. But Nellie refused to leave with them, and Rosario Gambino backed her up, increasing the stakes for the Lima men. He said she could stay the night if she wanted.

Peter Gambino

Eventually, Joseph and the other young men left, but Pietro Lima remained in his onetime partner’s driveway, drunk and yelling insults at the house. Close to midnight, Rosario came outside again with his eighteen year old son, Peter, and told Pietro to go home. Pietro refused. Rosario then told his son to move their car, and as Peter started to comply, he saw Lima reach for a gun. Peter leaped in front of his father to protect him. A gun fired, and Peter went down, hit in the chest.

More shots were fired—both Pietro and Rosario were armed with handguns—and the two men managed to seriously injure one another. Rosario was shot in the stomach, and Pietro was struck at least twice, in the leg and the scrotum.

Pietro’s sons and son-in-law returned to the scene, and Charlie and Lawrence took Rosario Gambino, who was evidently the most seriously injured, to the hospital in their car. Meanwhile Pietro and the young Peter Gambino limped off together to find a doctor for themselves. They made it a few blocks before the older man collapsed. His gun was dropped into a sewer, and later retrieved from its catch basin as evidence.

Police arrived at the Gambino home, and the women inside would not let them in, so officers broke in and began searching for evidence. They quickly found Rosario’s gun, hidden in a warming oven. Joseph Lima arrived and claimed to be there to visit his wife, who had been ill. He demanded to know what was going on.

On the street corner where Pietro Lima collapsed was a cafeteria from which an ambulance was called to take the two injured men to the same hospital as Rosario. All three men were operated upon. Peter Gambino had been struck in the collarbone, but was expected to survive.

By the following morning, Rosario was dead. He left a widow and ten children, the youngest under two. A collection was taken at the viewing, to pay for his burial. The following day Peter, still in the hospital, was finally informed of his father’s death. Nearby, Pietro Lima was recovering from his own injuries, and expecting to face manslaughter charges upon his release.

Following news of Rosario’s death, it was reported in the newspaper in Utica that Nellie’s relatives were coming from Brooklyn to take her home with them. Police found Pietro’s discarded gun, as well as those stashed in the Gambino home, and learned that Peter Gambino’s injury came not from Pietro Lima, but from the gun of his late father. A suit was filed by the dead man’s estate against Pietro Lima, to support the widow and children.

As bad as it seemed, immediately after the shooting, it appears that the families worked things out. The manslaughter case against Pietro would be hard to press without the cooperation of the Gambinos. Peter was the only witness to his father’s shooting. In the end, Pietro was charged only with having an unregistered gun, and even in this, his niece, whom he had widowed, pleaded with the judge for a lenient sentence. The practical reasons are clear: better that Pietro was free and earning to support both their families, than for him to be imprisoned. Pietro Lima pleaded guilty to the gun charge and got a suspended sentence and a fine, on the understanding he wouldn’t be prosecuted in Rosario Gambino’s death.

Six years later, when it was Pietro and Dominick who were killed, money and family ties once again kept the victims’ families silent. Four years after her husband’s murder, Paolina Aiello was discovered to possess a high volume, state of the art “super still” in her home. After massive arrests in an alcohol conspiracy netted the Falcone brothers, reporters came around to Mrs. Aiello’s little grocery, which she had run from the family’s garage since the early years of her marriage. She had nothing but good things to say about Mr. Falcone, whom she had known for twenty years and whose son, a lawyer, was married to Mrs. Aiello’s daughter. It was Mrs. Aiello whose real estate holdings financed Salvatore Falcone’s $20,000 bail.


About

The Utica Cutlery Company was founded in 1910 by a group of prominent Utica businessmen. It was felt that a metal working industry would create employment and bring economic balance to the area. The primary industry in Utica at that time was textile manufacturing.

The original location for the company was 820 Noyes Street. Through the years, several major additions were made to the building, but the address remains the same. The current size of the factory and office is approximately 100,000 square feet.

The company has continuously manufactured pocket knives since 1910. In 1918, fixed blade kitchen cutlery was added. During World War II, the company manufactured bayonets and carbine parts and earned Utica™ the coveted Army-Navy E., as well as a number of other awards.

Stainless Flatware was added to the line in 1952 and has been continuously manufactured and marketed by the company since that time. The flatware program was substantially enhanced during the mid-1970’s with the addition of imported flatware. This broadened the line by adding a number of new qualities and price points.

In 1970, the company acquired the Walco Stainless Division of Voos Industries. Walco™ is a major player in the hotel/restaurant industry and provides an entire array to the institutional market. Walco™ is an independent division of the Utica Cutlery Company serving the institutional market.

Today, Utica Manufactures and imports a wide range of pocket, lockback, fixed blade, and liner lock knives. Utica holds patents on several multi-purpose tools which are manufactured in Utica, New York. In addition to folding knives a wide array of cutlery and picnic sets are offered in both set and kit configurations. Utica Cutlery Company services the Sporting Goods marketplace, as well as Hardware, and Advertising Specialty industry. A number of products are manufactured in Upstate New York under private label arrangements for a wide range of customers.

Utica Cutlery Company is proud to celebrate over a century of manufacturing quality pocket cutlery in upstate New York. In celebration of this milestone we are making available two distinctive lines of pocket cutlery. Both lines are manufactured in much the same manner as they were in the early 20’s and 30’s incorporating individual craftsmanship and pride.


ビデオを見る: ウティカ